Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Poe's Cat


                                                                                             Edgar Allan Poe and the universal
                                                                                                      problem of writers with cats.


A sketchbook drawing I did for Edgar Allan Poe's birthday yesterday. I have two black cats myself and I can personally relate to this happening a lot. Pluto's right eye is closed, not missing-- but he does look like he has one eye, as in the macabre story, "The Black Cat".

(Yes, I know I haven't been updating this blog as frequently as I'd like, but I have done quite a few more cartoons you haven't seen yet and I'll try to post them! Soon, she says...)


My cats, Mifune and GoGo.
"We would never think about interfering with
anyone's tortured soul. Noooo, not us..."

What's new: stuff in my Redbubble shop! I've been desperately trying to ink all my old cartoons and I've been taking requests for which ones people would like to see on t-shirts. (Upcoming: next will be The Stünners, Wombat Friday and Oscar Wilde.) If you have favorites to consider, please drop me a line!

Or just drop me a line anyway: I'd love to hear from you.

I'm also on Patreon now! For as little as $1 a month, you can help support me and Pre-Raphernalia, as well as get special goodies (and see why I've been so busy. Argh.).

                                     
                                   Thank you once again and see you soon!
 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sense of humor and artistic ability is astonishing. 'Funny' is not a word I associate with Holman Hunt, I was researching The Scapegoat when I came across this site. Top notch, well done, most original.

    ReplyDelete