Monday, June 17, 2013

Rossetti and Jane (and Top)



I've been late posting new cartoons due to other illustration projects (see my other blog http://thewatchertree.blogspot.com/) but there are lots coming, including the promised Stünners concert.

This is a commission I did for someone who requested a picture of Rossetti painting Jane. (I couldn't resist adding Top as well. )

This is the original sketch (right), done in my sketchbook. I photocopied it, enlarging it, and transferred it to a 9" x 12" sheet of vellum bristol paper, using a lightbox. Then I "inked" it using acrylic gouache.


Incidentally (shameless self-promotion) if you have an idea for a commission (either original artwork or a print of inked art), please message me here: .https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pre-Raphernalia-Pre-Raph-Sketchbook-Cartoons/280541598646298


I'm going through and inking the original cartoons seen here in this blog to be collected in bookform.
And there are still new ones on the way!


 

2 comments: